Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Cher Diary,


Here I am in Coulon, aka the Green Venice. The whole town is laced with canals--mostly green because of the algae. Pretty to look at but I sure wouldn't want to fall in! My friend S. is holding me up on top of this beautiful blue bridge as boatloads of French families out for a day of fun are poled in flatboats up and down the many canals in the town.


Today we went to Chateau Gaillard. A beautiful old home and grounds that are now a museum. Pretty neat because you can actually touch things if you want too--but no one does. The French have a greater respect than Americans for other's possessions and their museums. I do like that, and the French ducks at the Chateau respected me too--either that or they won't eat plastic.

As if the ducks at the Chateau weren't enough now I have to put with geese. John Michael, our host in Bordeaux has a big goose pond full of fish and these snotty geese. Glad we were all on the other side of the fence! Bordeaux was lovely, warm weather and good wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home