Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Cher Journal,

Here I am taking a dip in the Atlantic ocean. Of course I took my apron off first. The water was cold and the air was hot and humid.

This is the first guest house, that is bed and breakfast ,we stayed in. It was in a tiny town called Le Tablier, finding the town was easy, finding the B& B was a nightmare. We got good at stopping and asking where people and things were. There was an English couple there on holiday ensconced upstairs. They were complaining about no fresh vegetables and I couldn't figure out where they were eating??? We had salads coming out our ears--and tomatoes and radishes and fruit. Hmmm. Look at me in the middle fork of the tree, there was a black cat living there who liked me way too much.

Our land lady was a very proper and correct bourgeoisie person who absolutely insisted NO food in the room! A refrigerator and table in our room but no food allowed. Luckily, the rain stopped so we had a picnic in the garden, as usual I relaxed with the wine.


Here I am ringing the bell at Le Tablier, it was a beautiful old stone farm in the middle of the countryside. Sunflowers, cows, wheatfields and pocket sized towns abounded.

















And this is the beach in Le Sables de Olonne.
Sable means sand--I looked it up. Today I'm hanging out with a bottle of Perrier. Always have to ask for ice--glacon--(say glass-own) and they bring two cubes. I think the ice makers must be as tiny as the refrigerators are. Le Sable is on the Atlantic and I just had to go get wet....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home